will be kicking off this Friday 11th September from the Point Village Dublin and this year is bigger and better than ever as it will bring 180 Super Cars on a weekend tour of Ireland raising funds for Make a Wish Ireland
. It is free for spectators and there are some fantastic festivals planned around the country to tie in with Cannonball. Spectators can get up close, take pictures and chat to the drivers and owners of some of the rarest and most spectacular cars to be seen in Ireland. Some of the towns are running weekend long Cannonball festivals with free music and entertainment for visitors, Cahir is again running its Gravity Festival
which last year was a great success and one of the highlights of the weekend for Cannonballers.
If you would like to catch up with the Cannonball to see any of these cars here are some of the best places to do it...
Dublin to Sligo via Carrick-on-Shannon (September 11th)
- Start line : Dublin Point Village @ 11.30am
- Lunch Stop : Arrive Landmark Hotel, Carrick-on-Shannon at 1.15pm
- Depart for Sligo at 4.30pm
- Finish Line : Sligo Town Centre @ 6pm
Sligo to Killarney via Killaloe (September 12th)
- Start Line: Depart Carraroe Retail Park @ 10:30am
- Lunch Stop: Arrive to Flanagan's on the Lake for 1.45pm
- Depart at 3.30pm for Killarney
- Finish Line: Arrive in Killarney @ 5.30pm
Killarney to Wexford via Cahir (September 13th)
- Start Line : Killarney @ 11am
- Lunch Stop : Tipperary - Cahir - Inch Field @ 1pm
- Depart Cahir at 3pm
- Finish line : Arrive in Wexford Town Centre @ 5pm
You can follow the action on Twitter using #Cannonball2015 Or #CB7 we will be keeping that updated for the weekend and if you do see Cannonball passing through your town this weekend please remember this event is all to raise funds for Make a Wish Ireland
so please dig deep to support this worthy cause.
Words by Amy