To coincide with the revival of our Facebook Store
, where you can find Parking Sensors
starting at €38.25, we decided to put together 6 tips that should help you park that trailer with ease.
1. The first thing we can suggest is to place your right hand at the bottom of the steering wheel. If you want to direct your trailer then simply move your hand in the direction that you want the back of the trailer to go. This should help reduce the confusion and is likely to be useful to the average driver.Let us know if you have any of your own that you find useful!
2. If you can, have it so that you are reversing as straight as possible. This can be done by utilising the space around you fully and thinking about the approach that you will take prior to beginning the maneuver. The sharper the angle, the tougher it is.
3. Ensure that you are situated on the same side as the space you are reversing into. Having the space on the drivers-side allows you to have greater visibility of the surroundings and should reduce the chance of hitting something.
4. If you have a passenger with you make them earn their keep! Have them provide another set of helpful eyes at the back of the trailer, make sure to have your window down so you can hear them.
5. Contrary to what you may have thought, short trailers are in fact more troublesome to reverse due to the fact that they are more responsive. Learn the skill with a longer trailer if you can!
6. Take your time, don't be too embarrassed to stop, get out and check out your situation. It's better than damaging your trailer and someone else's property.